Oracle DBA with Golden Gate for MA
Contract (6 months) to hire
Must be EAD, CG or Cit.
Phone interview for non-local candidates.
Must have: Oracle, Golden Gate, Some SQL Server.
Job Requirement: Sr. Oracle DBA with Golden Gate
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and pro-active DBA with an excellent 'customer focused' attitude
- Installing, configuring and upgrading the Oracle server software, Golden Gate and ODI
- Installing, configuring and upgrade SQL Server environments with Golden Gate
- Maintaining the established backup and other recovery policies and procedures.
- Establishing sound backup and recovery policies and procedures as needed.
- Work with IT and business teams to address issues specific to the database/application
- Work on performance issues with various business teams
- Perform periodic database refreshes
- Monitors system performance and evaluates areas to improve efficiency.
- Specifies proper types of files organization, indexing methods, and security procedures.
- Preform database change requests, patches, monitoring tools, and resolve exceptions, alerts and issues
- Address a variety of database issues including integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning, and new applications; diagnose and resolve complex problems in a production Oracle environment
- Maintain database security
- Monitoring the performance of the Oracle database system and implementing the required changes to increase the performance.
- Responsible for providing trend analysis to support informed decisions regarding resource allocation management; maintain up-to-date documentation of all Oracle environments.
- Maintain availability and integrity of databases through multiple access schemes; facilitate sharing of common data by overseeing proper key and index management and data dictionary maintenance
- Maintain Golden Gate replication
- Maintain ODI repositories
- Manage permission and access to all environments (Database, ODI)
- 8+ years progressive experience as Oracle DBA (11GR2)
- Experience with backup and recovery procedures using RMAN required
- Experience with Golden Gate (or similar tool – ie. Data Mirror) required
- Experience with SQL Server is required
- Experience with ODI is preferable (other major ETL tool experience acceptable)
- Ability to mentor and train other Administrators
- Experience working with off-shore resources
- Proven skills communicating to multiple levels of an organization, including internal, customer, and vendor
- Able to communicate clearly with peers as well as management
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently as well as work well in groups
- Flexibility to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities
- The ability to socialize ideas, make recommendations and gather team consensus to move forward
- Experience working with a virtual team environment is a plus
- Excellent communication, writing, meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Oracle Certification is a plus
Genius Finder "
15 Corporate Place South, Suite 322
Piscataway, NJ 08854
Phone 732-902-0877 Fax: 732-601-4757
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "softwarejobs_US" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/softwarejobs_us.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.