Job Title: Android Developer
Work Location: Boston, MA
Exp Required: 8+Years
· Experience building apps that communicate with some kind of backend over the internet i.e. HTTP, REST, JSON, XML, protobufs. Experience building at least one commercial-quality Android app and experience working on at least one very widely used app (say, > 1M installs) is preferred.
· Must have Experience in Dagger and Rex.
· Experience working as part of a larger team.
· Strong knowledge about APIs and data serialization formats.
· Must have implemented some nontrivial piece of app functionality that runs in the background. Must know the differences between Threads, AsyncTasks, Services, and IntentServices, and when to use each.
· Experience writing and running tests on/and for Android apps. Should know some advantages and disadvantages of different types of testing. Skills like TDD, unit testing, JUnit, Robolectric, Robotium, UIAutomator, and Appium are needed.
· Knowledge of how Android apps and libraries are built and packaged, and must be able to debug and optimize an Android build, (with gradle-based builds, or familiarity with ant, maven, or make-based builds). Must understand what's going on in the build and be able to explain it to another developer.
Nice To Have but not mandatory:
· Non-Android experience with backend, enterprise Java, iOS or other mobile, web or desktop UI, etc.
· Must be capable of taking the lead on designing and implementing a new feature after 3 months on board. It may involve new UI, securely interacting with other processes on the device, or diving into Android's system APIs.
Thanks & Regards,
Senior Consultant – IT Recruitments,
2969 Whitney Avenue
Hamden, CT 06518
Tel : 203-718-2011
---- Quantronix Disclaimer ----
This communication (including any accompanying documents) is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and contains information that is PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL. Unauthorized reading, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately via firstname.lastname@example.org and promptly destroy the original communication and all copies taken thereof. Thank you for your cooperation.